Treating Mange using Borax, Hydrogen Peroxide and Water
1. Mix 2 cups hydrogen peroxide and 4 cups of water.
2. Add 3 heaping tablespoon of borax to the water-hydrogen peroxide solution.
3. Rinse the dog several times. Soak the dog entirely even in areas that are not affected. Do not towel dry your pet.
4. After you have sufficiently cleansed your pet, use the solution to spray down and wipe the floors where the dog has been. Also be sure to cleanse its kennel or sleeping area. If it has pillows or blankets, dispose of them to avoid a re-infestation.
5. For the best results, wash your dog at least 1 to 2 times a week with the solution.
Sprinkle on carpets to dry out flea eggs so that they can’t hatch and perpetuate the flea infestation. Outside areas can also be treated for fleas with a mixture of 4 parts of borax, 1.5 parts of salt and 1.5 parts of baking soda.
Mix 1/2 a cup of borax and 500 ml of water in a spray bottle. Spray on the urine or areas where there is poop before mopping to remove odor.